One of our 2018 weddings incorporated a lovely color palette of White, gold and various green hues. Wedding greenery in itself is a lovely array of colors – when paired with a popular metallic and a classic white, the beauty it makes is breathtaking. Not to mention, the wedding décor options are endless.
In this particular event, the color palette fit the client’s style to a “T” – which was botanical boho!
Lindsay and Hunter tied the knot at The Indianapolis Zoo in downtown Indianapolis. The day was perfectly planned by our favorite wedding and event planning team, Boldly Chic Events (located in Carmel). As for the lovely wedding photography featured below, Sara Ackermann captured the day in all it’s glory!
The welcome sign greeted guests as they entered the wedding reception space. The sign was framed in a distressed wooden frame and featured custom watercolor artwork. The printed border pulled together the varying green hues and subtle gold metallic accents, along with geometric lines to add some fun and originality.
Upon entering the reception, guests were able to find their seats via geometric shaped seating cards. The custom seating cards featured a simple gold border and a calligraphy font to coordinate with the entryway welcome sign. The seating cards were placed under earthy, colorful pebbles of sea glass. Not only did this add texture and color to the escort card table, it proved to be function as well – they stayed in place easily and were unaffected by wind and other outdoor elements!
….and don’t these geometric lanterns add an elegant touch to the seating card table? So fun!
Now, let’s move onto another stunning design that made an appearance at the wedding. The cake! This beautiful confectionery creation was a great culmination of the wedding’s “botanical boho” style. Our favorite part? The succulents – hello, beautiful! And that gold flecking. What a great way to bring to life the greenery and gold color combo. Classic Cakes, you rocked this wedding cake design!
….and to ensure every guest satisfied their sweet tooth cravings, Classic Cakes also provided cupcakes in a variety of flavors. Sweets tables always provide a little sugary beauty to wedding reception décor. These pretty cake tiers, floral accents, and the vintage farm table are wedding eye candy at it’s finest.
When it came to the wedding reception table décor, the Boldly Chic Events team brought in their genius design skills to play. For starters, the wedding reception tables were marked with botanical monstera leaves, which were hand calligraphed with table numbers – with Painted Letter Co. providing their beautiful hand calligraphy lettering talents.
The florals were designed and provided by Meg Catherine Florals. Meg Catherine designed towering botanical beauties to adorn each reception table, as well as low laying greenery and blooms for the head table. Varying hurricane vases housed candlelight, adding in a romantic ambiance. Though, as somone who's a *tad* obsessed with all things vintage, it's safe to say my favorite addition to the wedding decor is the vintage green glassware. So pretty!
The Indianapolis Zoo makes for a gorgeous backdrop, and so unique, too! We love that Lindsay and Hunter were thinking outside the box when selecting their Indianapolis wedding event venue space. What a beautiful evening it turned out to be. Congrats to the newylweds!
P.S. Want to see more from Lindsay and Hunter's stunning wedding day at The Indianapolis Zoo? Check out this fun video recap, put together by Unique Heart Productions!
TAGS: Indianapolis Carmel Zionsville Brownsburg Fishers Westfield Noblesville Lafayette wedding invitations custom design graphic design stationery store paper shop wedding planning event planner bar mitzvah bah mitzvah wedding event venue space laser cutting designer invitations
We’ve been designing wedding invitations and custom stationery in the Indianapolis and Central Indiana wedding market for almost a decade. Through those years, we see a particular wedding invitation that never goes out of style – pocket invitation cards!
A pocket invitation can be in the form of a pocketfold, tri fold pocket folder, gatefold pocket folder, clutch flat panel pocket card, or any other wedding invitation design that incorporates some form of pocket to hold the loose leaf pieces of your invitation suite in an organized fashion.
We have a good idea of why this beautiful wedding invitation format – the pocket invitation - has such lasting appeal amongst our brides. Here are some of the best qualities and perks of selecting a pocket style wedding invitation design:
- It’s classic and elegant. With a pocket style wedding invitation, you don’t have to add too many additional embellishments, if you don’t want to. It’s a lovely piece that stands on it’s own and exudes elegance straight out of the mailing envelope.
- It adds an extra layer of sturdiness and protection to your wedding invitation, ensuring it arrives in pristine condition to your wedding guests! We are all aware of how rough the USPS can be on mailed wedding invitations – whether they’re in double envelopes, a rigid mailer, or a custom mailing box, the USPS never handles wedding invitations with care. The best thing you can do to ensure your wedding invitation’s most optimal arrival condition is to add layers of protection between the invitation and the envelope. Aside from an envelope liner and tissue sheet, the pocket folder is also a great option to consider for this protective mailing purpose.
- It’s an excellent way to add more color, texture and an overall unique style to your custom wedding invitation suite. We have endless paper options for your pocket cards – shimmer paper, matte paper, textured paper, and even fabric paper (hello, velvet wedding invitations!). We can create a custom pocket style just for you, if you want something a little more fun and original. Perhaps a unique flap style, a larger format than the traditional A7 size (5x7), or an unexpected pocket shape and style. The options are truly endless here in our custom design stationery studio!
- Last but not least, a pocket style wedding invitation keeps all of your invitation pieces neatly organized. This allows guests to easily find the information they’re looking for, and ensures they see all details you’d like to communicate to them. Remember that important details card we chatted about last week on our blog? It can be sized to stack perfectly behind your response card in the invitation pocket!
Did you incorporate a pocket into your wedding invitation suite, or are you considering doing so? Are you currently planning a wedding ceremony and detailed wedding weekend in Indianapolis, Carmel, Zionsville, Brownsburg, Westfield, Greenwood, or elsewhere in Central Indiana? If so, we would love to create a custom pocket invitation card designed just for you & guide you through the invitation ordering process! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom quote and additional information regarding our custom design process for wedding stationery. Or if you’re in a time crunch and need to order soon, be sure to check out our semi-custom collections available in our online stationery shop.
Best wishes in your wedding planning!
A wedding invitation has so many important parts – the wedding invitation card itself, the response card and a corresponding pre-addressed return envelope, the invitation’s mailing envelope, and – an underestimated but very important piece – the details card.
What goes into a details card, you ask? Here are just a few wedding details we recommend including on the details card in your wedding invitation suite:
- Reception Details
This is an excellent spot for you to communicate your reception information to your guests, especially if it’s in a different location than your ceremony. You can let guests know what to expect – for example, a cocktail hour and dinner reception – as well as what the reception attire will be.
Most brides and grooms will have guests traveling a distance to get to their wedding weekend. It is important to provide them with recommendations for hotels, especially since they are likely unfamiliar with the wedding location and general area. You can take things a step further by making it easy for guests, providing them with a pre-arranged discounted room rate (simply by mentioning your predetermined guest code). For accommodations, we recommend providing your guests with at least two hotel options. Be sure to also let them know the reservation deadline, so they don’t procrastinate!
- Parking Information
Especially if your wedding ceremony and reception are taking place in a large metro area (hello, Indianapolis!), it’s important to help your guests navigate your wedding day as seamless as possible. With that, we recommend offering parking recommendations, and even arranging complimentary valet parking, should your venue and budget allow.
- Wedding Website
You know the etiquette rule – do NOT include your wedding registry or any mention of wedding gifts on your wedding invitation. Not anywhere inside the invitation envelope. No, no, no! Major faux pax.
Instead, you are absolutely etiquette-approved to direct your guests to the wedding website for “additional wedding details.” The wedding website is a PERFECT spot to mention your wedding registries, and circumvents the big “no no” of mentioning your registries anywhere in your invitation suite.
- Other Wedding Weekend Events
So many of our clients are planning other events during their wedding weekend, in order to help guests feel included in all of the hoopla. And we are loving it! Two of the most common wedding weekend events we see are a Welcome Party (a cocktail hour a night or two before the wedding, focusing mostly on the guests who have travelled for the wedding) and a Farewell Brunch (the morning after the wedding, giving guests a chance to bid farewell to the newlyweds before departing for the honeymoon).
If you find that you have a large amount of wedding information to include on your details card, you can always order double-sided cards, or even include multiple details cards. Should you select a pocketfold or clutch pocket card for your wedding invitation design, the pocket will provide an excellent way to keep your wedding invitation pieces (especially the details cards) stacked neatly and organized.
Photo Credit: Kaylee Creighton Photography
Are you currently planning a wedding ceremony and detailed wedding weekend in Indianapolis, Carmel, Zionsville, Brownsburg, Westfield, Greenwood, or elsewhere in Central Indiana? We would love to help you with your custom invitation suite & guide you through the invitation creation process! You can email us at email@example.com for a custom quote and additional information regarding our custom design process for wedding stationery.
Best wishes in your wedding planning!
TAGS: wedding invitations stationery shop Indianapolis Carmel Westfield Fishers Noblesville Brownsburg Zionsville Greenwood Lafayette Chicago Louisville laser cut thermography letterpress embossing debossing gold foil hot foil stamping metallic ink die cutting custom design stationery paper store
- An Autumn Wedding at a Beautiful Private Estate | Indianapolis and Carmel Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting
- Industrial Style Wedding with a Bold Spring Color Palette | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Custom Stationery, and Laser Cutting
- Charming Estate Wedding in Kentucky | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Custom Stationery, and Laser Cutting
- A Dreamy Low Country Charleston Wedding at Magnolia Plantation | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations and Custom Stationery
- Romantic Black and Burgundy Wedding at Daniels Vineyard | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting
- January 2020 (3)