Posted on December 11, 2014 by Cari
Categories: in WEDDINGS
Believe me, we know weddings aren’t cheap. We also notice that quality wedding paperie is always one of the first things to go, when couples are planning a wedding on a budget.
When compared to the costs of florals, linens, rentals, and even attempts at “DIY” decor - custom-designed wedding paper is still one of the most cost-effective routes to go, when looking for a way to really personalize your ceremony & reception.
Need some suggestions on how to get more bang for your buck in the wedding stationery department? One of our top recommendations is a menu card at each place setting. While brides are often quick to mark these off their list when making budget cuts, consider this - make them work double-duty!
We recommend adding at least one of the following to each menu card...
- A personal "thank you" note to your guests
- An "In Lieu of Favors" note, if you are making a charitable donation instead
- An "Order of Events" listing for the evening
- Fun facts (or even a word search or crossword puzzle!) about the couple
- A "Don't Drink & Drive" note, with transportation suggestions for guests
- An invitation to join you for a "Grand Exit" (i.e. sparklers or confetti toss) at the end of the reception
These small additions will also provide topics of conversation to your guest tables, which is perfect for the tables where you've paired guests that may not know each other. These little extras added to your menus will also keep guests informed and really show you've put thought into each individual place setting.
We guarantee that the extra attention to detail will not go unnoticed or unappreciated by your guests!
Some of our other top tips for adding personalized touches with affordable wedding paperie are....
- Custom Signage throughout reception, bar area, and other wedding spaces (i.e. guest book area, favor table, restrooms, late-night snack table, etc.)
- Seating Chart - a great (and affordable) statement piece for your reception entryway!
- Tented Table Numbers - we recommend listing your wedding #hashtag on the back, and inviting guests to share photos throughout the night!
Did you make good use of wedding paperie throughout your ceremony or reception? What are your top suggestions for brides & grooms out there who are struggling with a smaller wedding budget?
Posted on November 2, 2014 by Cari
Categories: in THE STUDIO
Have you browsed through our Etsy shop recently? We’ve been adding new products almost every day, and still have so many more fun items in the works!
One of my absolute favorites from our new design series is our “Beth Collection” accordion program booklet. When this design was completed & loaded into the shop, I just knew it would have to be the first “Product Feature” on the blog. I’m incredibly smitten with it, to say the least. =)
This program card features an accordion style layout, which allows 4 full panels of text (or up to 8, if you opt for double-sided printing). It boasts a gorgeous monogrammed cover & a lovely satin ribbon closure band. With it’s smaller size (it measures 4×6 folded), it is such a darling addition to any wedding ceremony.
What do you think of this latest, lovely addition to our Etsy shop? What new items in our shop are you loving the most?
Posted on October 28, 2014 by Cari
Hello, friends! If you are already one of our clients booked for 2015, you probably already know our big news…..
We are expecting Baby #2!
As we prepare for our baby girl’s arrival around the holidays, we have scheduled a brief studio closure. We will be closing the studio on Nov. 14, and plan to re-open in early Spring 2015. What does this studio closure mean? Here’s the rundown….
- We will not be booking any new “Custom Design” clients or consultations during this time. (NOTE: If you would like to be notified when we have reopened our 2015 calendar for appointments, please email us & we’d be happy to notify you as soon as we return!)
- If you are already booked on our calendar & we have already discussed a timeline for save-the-dates and invitations, your items will move forward as originally planned.
- We will be checking email sporadically (approx. 3-5times a week), so email responses will be slightly delayed.
- You can still get your Interprintations fix via our Etsy shop, which will remain open with a limited selection of pre-designed and PRINTABLE items. Be sure to reference our shop’s “Policies” section for estimated production times, and note that we will not be accepting rush orders.
We are getting SO excited about our newest addition, and we will be sure to share the big news & adorable newborn photos upon her big arrival. Thank you for all of your support during our downtime – we appreciate all of you!
Lots of love,
I’m a country girl, small business owner, wife, mother of three, and a proud alumna of Purdue University (Boiler Up!).
Wondering what life is like for a busy mom with a graphic design & laser cutting business? My days are filled with pretty paper, blissful brides, half-finished sketchbooks, half-eaten lunches, and lots of cuddling with my little ones. I look forward to sharing with you all of life's fun happenings (both in & out of the studio) here on the blog!
- A Perfect Fall Wedding Color Palette | Perfect Wedding Guide September Luncheon at Mustard Seed Gardens
- What We Offer In our Stationery Design Studio | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations, Wedding Programs and Laser Cutting
- Wedding Invitation and Wedding Day Stationery Trends for 2019 | Indianapolis Custom Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting
- Ways To Run Your Business Green & Environmentally Friendly | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Stationery and Laser Cutting Studio
- The Details You’ll Need to Know Before Ordering Your Wedding Invitations | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting