We’ve been designing wedding invitations and custom stationery in the Indianapolis and Central Indiana wedding market for almost a decade. Through those years, we see a particular wedding invitation that never goes out of style – pocket invitation cards!
A pocket invitation can be in the form of a pocketfold, tri fold pocket folder, gatefold pocket folder, clutch flat panel pocket card, or any other wedding invitation design that incorporates some form of pocket to hold the loose leaf pieces of your invitation suite in an organized fashion.
We have a good idea of why this beautiful wedding invitation format – the pocket invitation - has such lasting appeal amongst our brides. Here are some of the best qualities and perks of selecting a pocket style wedding invitation design:
- It’s classic and elegant. With a pocket style wedding invitation, you don’t have to add too many additional embellishments, if you don’t want to. It’s a lovely piece that stands on it’s own and exudes elegance straight out of the mailing envelope.
- It adds an extra layer of sturdiness and protection to your wedding invitation, ensuring it arrives in pristine condition to your wedding guests! We are all aware of how rough the USPS can be on mailed wedding invitations – whether they’re in double envelopes, a rigid mailer, or a custom mailing box, the USPS never handles wedding invitations with care. The best thing you can do to ensure your wedding invitation’s most optimal arrival condition is to add layers of protection between the invitation and the envelope. Aside from an envelope liner and tissue sheet, the pocket folder is also a great option to consider for this protective mailing purpose.
- It’s an excellent way to add more color, texture and an overall unique style to your custom wedding invitation suite. We have endless paper options for your pocket cards – shimmer paper, matte paper, textured paper, and even fabric paper (hello, velvet wedding invitations!). We can create a custom pocket style just for you, if you want something a little more fun and original. Perhaps a unique flap style, a larger format than the traditional A7 size (5x7), or an unexpected pocket shape and style. The options are truly endless here in our custom design stationery studio!
- Last but not least, a pocket style wedding invitation keeps all of your invitation pieces neatly organized. This allows guests to easily find the information they’re looking for, and ensures they see all details you’d like to communicate to them. Remember that important details card we chatted about last week on our blog? It can be sized to stack perfectly behind your response card in the invitation pocket!
Did you incorporate a pocket into your wedding invitation suite, or are you considering doing so? Are you currently planning a wedding ceremony and detailed wedding weekend in Indianapolis, Carmel, Zionsville, Brownsburg, Westfield, Greenwood, or elsewhere in Central Indiana? If so, we would love to create a custom pocket invitation card designed just for you & guide you through the invitation ordering process! You can email us at email@example.com for a custom quote and additional information regarding our custom design process for wedding stationery. Or if you’re in a time crunch and need to order soon, be sure to check out our semi-custom collections available in our online stationery shop.
Best wishes in your wedding planning!
- An Autumn Wedding at a Beautiful Private Estate | Indianapolis and Carmel Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting
- Industrial Style Wedding with a Bold Spring Color Palette | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Custom Stationery, and Laser Cutting
- Charming Estate Wedding in Kentucky | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Custom Stationery, and Laser Cutting
- A Dreamy Low Country Charleston Wedding at Magnolia Plantation | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations and Custom Stationery
- Romantic Black and Burgundy Wedding at Daniels Vineyard | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting
- January 2020 (3)