Your wedding ceremony program booklet will be one of the most detailed and intimate stationery pieces you will put together for your wedding day. If you are planning a full mass Catholic wedding ceremony, that level of detail is increasingly higher.
First thing’s first, your full mass Catholic ceremony program should show both your love together for your Catholic faith, along with your love and appreciation for those in attendance.
With that said, a Catholic ceremony program has two important goals:
- Notate all of the important proceedings occurring throughout the full mass wedding ceremony, and emphasize their importance to your wedding day and union.
- Guide all guests through the full mass ceremony, to ensure they feel included and informed.
No fear, we have helped countless couples create lovely program booklets for their full mass Catholic ceremonies. We have handfuls of samples you are welcome to reference, as you go through our custom design and digital proofing process. Also, your Catholic ceremony officiant will be a crucial tool in helping you determine what details to include. Oftentimes, they provide the exact text and layout they would prefer to be used in your full mass Catholic ceremony program, along with hymns to also include.
We start off by recommending a classic and elegant cover for your ceremony program booklet. This typically ties in your wedding colors in a subtle and elegant way. We can also incorporate a lovely print style, such as thermography or gold foil, to add incredible detailing.
A large amount of clients also opt to include a lovely binding material, such as satin ribbon, silk ribbon, or gold cord. We also have clients who select a shimmer paper band instead, to hold the booklet closed and add another level of color and texture to their full mass Catholic ceremony program booklet.
Inside the booklet, it is important to use fonts that are easy to read, and a format and layout that is easy for guests to follow. This is an important reason to hire a custom wedding stationery designer to pull all of these details together for you. We will make sure your program is a perfect and informative piece for your guests – whether they are Catholic or not familiar with the religion’s protocol, the program helps guide them through the ceremony proceedings, ensuring everyone is comfortable and fully present during your wedding day.
Finally, your ceremony program booklet should also include other standard sections that are also included in smaller scale wedding ceremonies and secular wedding ceremonies. Below is a summary of other sections we see clients include in their full mass Catholic wedding ceremony program books:
- Wedding Party
This section mentions all living parents and grandparents, along with all of the individuals partaking in your wedding ceremony – bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers, readers, musicians, and officiant, and any others who play a special part in your wedding ceremony.
- In Loving Memory
This section allows you to acknowledge those who are unable to be there in the flesh, but are forever in your hearts. Oftentimes, clients include their names and relationship(s) to the couple. You may also include a special poem, quote or scripture.
- Thank You Note from the Bride and Groom
This is exactly as it sounds – it is a note from you, the bride and groom, to your guests. It allows you the chance to thank them and acknowledge them for all they’ve done during your lives and relationship, as well as thank them for sharing in your wedding day.
- Reception Directions and Details
This is a great opportunity to reiterate your reception information to your guests. Let them know what time the reception begins (if it is not immediately following the ceremony), directions to the reception hall, and parking information.
If you’re currently planning a full mass Catholic wedding ceremony in Indianapolis, Carmel, Zionsville, Brownsburg, Westfield, Greenwood or further, we hope this information was helpful! If you find you’d like additional help from someone who’s created countless Catholic ceremony programs, you are welcome to email us for a custom quote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes in your wedding planning!
- Planning a Formal Wedding During COVID-19 Pandemic | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations, Programs and Stationery
- French Country-esque Dusty Blue and Blush Pink Southern Wedding at Charleston's William Aiken House | Custom Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting Studio | Indianapolis, IN
- Dusty Blue and Neutral Hued Winery Wedding at California's Allegretto Vineyard Resort | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations & Custom Stationery Studio
- An Autumn Wedding at a Beautiful Private Estate | Indianapolis and Carmel Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting
- Industrial Style Wedding with a Bold Spring Color Palette | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Custom Stationery, and Laser Cutting