Dos & Don'ts for Thank You Notes
Posted on April 17, 2013 by Cari
Categories: in WEDDINGS
Thank you notes are one of the most important tasks post-wedding – so, as you get ready to write those thank you notes for you upcoming wedding & bridal shower, here are a few tips to keep in mind…
DON’T print out your thank you notes.
DO hand-write them.
DON’T send the same, generic thank you note to each guest.
DO tell them how grateful you are for their personal gift, and how you plan to use it.
DON’T wait longer than 3 months to send your thank-you notes. (per Emily Post)
DO send them out as soon as possible, after the wedding date. (For showers – we recommend sending them within 2 weeks after the shower date.)
DON’T address a cash gift directly. Instead, simply thank them for their generosity.
DO send one to every guest that attended – whether they brought you a gift or not.
DON’T underestimate the power of a thank you note! It’s the easiest way to express your sincere gratitude – not only for the personal gift, but also for the gift giver themselves. Their presence at your big day is what makes it so special, so be sure to let them know how grateful you are for their attendance! =)
Do you have any tips for our brides, as they get ready to write their wedding thank-yous? We’d love to hear them!
Tell us below…
I’m a country girl, small business owner, wife, mother of three, and a proud alumna of Purdue University (Boiler Up!).
Wondering what life is like for a busy mom with a graphic design & laser cutting business? My days are filled with pretty paper, blissful brides, half-finished sketchbooks, half-eaten lunches, and lots of cuddling with my little ones. I look forward to sharing with you all of life's fun happenings (both in & out of the studio) here on the blog!
- Classic Elegant Black and White Wedding at The Country Club of Terre Haute | Wedding Invitation Studio in Carmel Indiana
- Elegant & Ethereal Private Estate Barn Wedding in Zionsville Indiana | Indianapolis Wedding Invitation Print Shop
- Opulent and Elegant Snowy Winter Wedding at Indianapolis Central Library | Indianapolis Wedding Invitation Print Shop
- French Inspired Red & Terracotta Wedding at Mojave East in Cincinnati | Wedding Invitation Shop in Indianapolis
- Dusty Blue and White Wedding at Indiana Memorial Union in Bloomington | Indianapolis Wedding Invitation Shop