The Modern Farmhouse | Life on the Outside, Light on the Inside
Posted on December 6, 2015 by Cari
Categories: in THE HOME
The outside of our home is finally coming together - the exterior has been painted white, the garage doors have been installed, the cement for the sidewalks and porches was poured this past week, and our pretty "Pewter" shingles are starting to go on the roof.
This upcoming week, the electrician will be back to do rough-ins for the interior electrical & to also install all outdoor lights. The black shutters should be going on soon, as well. We also have a gorgeous color selected for the front door - but I don't think that will be painted until later on. We'll just have to keep you in suspense on that color selection for now. =) Any guesses?
Both spots have the most amazing light streaming into them. From hosting house guests to family meals, these walls will likely see the most life within them. I can't wait to see my visions for each of these come to life. (Think industrial lighting, puddled curtains, and a big farmhouse table!)
Oh, and that door you see off to the right of the breakfast nook? That's a walk-in pantry. Which will have a lovely 5-panel door on it. Oh my, my heart might just burst with happiness once this is all complete!
I’m a country girl, small business owner, wife, mother of three, and a proud alumna of Purdue University (Boiler Up!).
Wondering what life is like for a busy mom with a graphic design & laser cutting business? My days are filled with pretty paper, blissful brides, half-finished sketchbooks, half-eaten lunches, and lots of cuddling with my little ones. I look forward to sharing with you all of life's fun happenings (both in & out of the studio) here on the blog!
- Planning a Formal Wedding During COVID-19 Pandemic | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations, Programs and Stationery
- French Country-esque Dusty Blue and Blush Pink Southern Wedding at Charleston's William Aiken House | Custom Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting Studio | Indianapolis, IN
- Dusty Blue and Neutral Hued Winery Wedding at California's Allegretto Vineyard Resort | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations & Custom Stationery Studio
- An Autumn Wedding at a Beautiful Private Estate | Indianapolis and Carmel Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting
- Industrial Style Wedding with a Bold Spring Color Palette | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Custom Stationery, and Laser Cutting