The Modern Farmhouse | A Dormer & A Sunset
Posted on November 2, 2015 by Cari
Categories: in THE HOME
A farmhouse facade isn't complete without a dormer over the front porch, am I right? Ever since our dormer was added on last week, it's starting to take shape & look like a *real* house! Things are moving so quickly, we're going to be moving in before we know it (or at least I keep telling myself that...this apartment feels smaller and smaller every day. Ha!).
I think that's what I love architecturally about farmhouses - dormers, super thick trim, hardwood floors, five-panel doors - it all exudes an element of classic and timeless design. From the clothes in my closet to the decor in my home, I've always been drawn to things classic and simple, with a touch of vintage. So, I'm sure it's no surprise that that's what style we're going for in the new house. =)
Speaking of timeless and classic, check out this amazing sunset we captured after leaving our land.
I can't WAIT until this is our view every evening. God is GOOD.
This week should yield a lot more progress on the house, especially after seeing the forecast - sunny days through Thursday, with a slight chance of rain Friday. I'll take it! Our builders are doing SUCH a wonderful job...keep up the amazing work, guys!
I’m a country girl, small business owner, wife, mother of three, and a proud alumna of Purdue University (Boiler Up!).
Wondering what life is like for a busy mom with a graphic design & laser cutting business? My days are filled with pretty paper, blissful brides, half-finished sketchbooks, half-eaten lunches, and lots of cuddling with my little ones. I look forward to sharing with you all of life's fun happenings (both in & out of the studio) here on the blog!
- Planning a Formal Wedding During COVID-19 Pandemic | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations, Programs and Stationery
- French Country-esque Dusty Blue and Blush Pink Southern Wedding at Charleston's William Aiken House | Custom Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting Studio | Indianapolis, IN
- Dusty Blue and Neutral Hued Winery Wedding at California's Allegretto Vineyard Resort | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations & Custom Stationery Studio
- An Autumn Wedding at a Beautiful Private Estate | Indianapolis and Carmel Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting
- Industrial Style Wedding with a Bold Spring Color Palette | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Custom Stationery, and Laser Cutting