Time to Recharge
Posted on January 20, 2014 by Cari
Categories: in THE STUDIO
Mondays drag the most around here – my email inbox is overflowing, my husband heads back to work, piles of laundry are waiting to be put away, and my toddler sleeps no later than 8:00am. Hand over the caffeine, please.
Yet, today is an exception to the rule. It’s a holiday. Our favorite babysitter is off from school, and so she is hanging out with Little Man ALL day. You know what that means, right? This tired & overworked girl gets a full day to recharge. As soon as our sitter arrived, I packed up my computer & client portfolio, bundled up and headed to Panera. There’s something about a toasted bagel, glass of iced tea, and a change of scenery that jumpstarts my motivation and creativity.
I have loads of clients awaiting custom designs (more than I want to count, but am beyond blessed to have). However, I’ve been hitting some major creative road blocks lately. As soon as I sit down at my computer or sketch pad, I find myself often having a hard time focusing, let alone coming up with some fun and innovative designs for each client. Obviously. today is just what my head and heart needed.
I’m most looking forward to seeing what the day brings. I tend to do my best work when I’m out of the house.
When I get back to the house, maybe I’ll even get around to photographing the stack of new designs I’ve been aching to list in my Etsy Shop. (Wishful thinking?)
How do you recharge? Are there days of the week that are harder than others for you?
I’m a country girl, small business owner, wife, mother of three, and a proud alumna of Purdue University (Boiler Up!).
Wondering what life is like for a busy mom with a graphic design & laser cutting business? My days are filled with pretty paper, blissful brides, half-finished sketchbooks, half-eaten lunches, and lots of cuddling with my little ones. I look forward to sharing with you all of life's fun happenings (both in & out of the studio) here on the blog!
- A Romantic Industrial Wedding at The Mill Top | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Custom Stationery & Laser Cutting Shop
- Acheiving a High End Invitation on a Small Wedding Budget | Indianapolis and Carmel Wedding Invitation & Laser Cutting Shop
- A Shakespearean Summer's Night Garden Wedding at the Indiana Roof Ballroom | Indianapolis Wedding Stationery & Laser Cutting
- A Perfect Fall Wedding Color Palette | Perfect Wedding Guide September Luncheon at Mustard Seed Gardens
- What We Offer In our Stationery Design Studio | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations, Wedding Programs and Laser Cutting