A Dreamy Low Country Charleston Wedding at Magnolia Plantation | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations and Custom Stationery
Posted on November 13, 2019 by Cari
Categories: in WEDDINGS
As a creative business owner and wedding professional, one of the best things about my job is forming relationships with other wedding industry professionals. Technology and social media are key tools in creating and maintaining these valuable relationships, and even allow us to expand those formed relationships outside of our area.
As most know, we love the “Low Country” – Southern South Carolina and Northern Georgia, namely the Hilton Head, SC and Savannah, GA areas. We vacation there in the Spring, Summer and Fall. We also have family that lives there, so we enjoy visiting them often! Thanks to social media, it has also allowed us the opportunity to follow and interact with fellow wedding professionals down in that area – leading to the opportunity to work with a handful of great wedding professionals in the low country.
This past Spring – the perfect season for an outdoor wedding ceremony in Charleston, by the way – we collaborated with Magnolia Affairs for a beautiful outdoor elopement wedding ceremony.
This special day took place at the historical Magnolia Plantation & Gardens. The grounds consist of a grand and historic house, nestled among sprawling natural gardens. The plantation is located on the Ashley River at 3550 Ashley River Road, west of Ashley, Charleston County, South Carolina. Not only is it one of the oldest plantations in the South, it is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The couple chose a tranquil spot out in the gardens for their elopement wedding ceremony, post-wedding photos, and a romantic picnic celebration following the ceremony. Their picnic consisted of small bites, champagne and a mini wedding cake for the traditional cake cutting photos.
PHOTOGRAPHY BY Olive and Ivory Photography
Planning: Magnolia Affairs
Hair and Makeup: Contours and Curls
Flowers: Florescence Floral and Event Design
Suit: Generation Tux
Ring: Clean Origin
Accessories: Model Bride
Considering an elopement ceremony, like the one above?
If you are an engaged couple considering an elopement ceremony instead of a big shindig, my best wedding advice to you is do whatever is best for the two of you. Ultimately, your wedding day is yours, and should be exactly as you want it to be. It seems that the second you get engaged, there is instantly so much pressure from everyone around you to plan a big wedding. Your friends and family will all have an opinion on what you "need" to do on your wedding day, but you have to remember that it is just that: YOUR day.
If you do choose to do an elopement wedding ceremony, we have a few tips on making it the best wedding day ever:
- Hire a professional photographer! Your wedding photos will be treasured forever, no matter who or who does not attend your ceremony.
- Hire a wedding planner! They will be instrumental in pulling together all of the little details that will make your day SO special, and a perfect reflection of you as a couple. They will coordinate your vendors (officiant, location, florist) and take a load of other tasks off your plate.
- Send announcement cards after the wedding! Even though you opted for a lovely, intimate elopement ceremony, your family and friends will still want to feel they were a thought of on your wedding day.
- Invest in a pretty bouquet! This is a great opportunity to reflect your personal style and bring more romance into your big day. What’s a wedding without flowers (no matter the size of your guest list)?
- Have a celebration of some sort after the wedding ceremony! Even if it’s just the two of you at this celebration, we highly recommend going out for dinner or having a special spot for a champagne toast. Make the most of your special day!
To see more about this beautiful wedding day, see the full blog feature on A Low Country Wedding.
TAGS: Charleston South Carolina Wedding Magnolia Plantation Gardens Elopement Low Country Hilton Head Wedding Savannah Georgia Wedding Invitations Wedding Flowers Indianapolis Brownsburg Carmel Wedding Stationery Custom Graphic Design Wedding Planner Event Planner Laser Cut Backdrop Sign Paper Print Shop
I’m a country girl, small business owner, wife, mother of three, and a proud alumna of Purdue University (Boiler Up!).
Wondering what life is like for a busy mom with a graphic design & laser cutting business? My days are filled with pretty paper, blissful brides, half-finished sketchbooks, half-eaten lunches, and lots of cuddling with my little ones. I look forward to sharing with you all of life's fun happenings (both in & out of the studio) here on the blog!
- Dusty Blue and Neutral Hued Winery Wedding at California's Allegretto Vineyard Resort | Indianapolis Wedding Invitations & Custom Stationery Studio
- An Autumn Wedding at a Beautiful Private Estate | Indianapolis and Carmel Wedding Invitations and Laser Cutting
- Industrial Style Wedding with a Bold Spring Color Palette | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Custom Stationery, and Laser Cutting
- Charming Estate Wedding in Kentucky | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations, Custom Stationery, and Laser Cutting
- A Dreamy Low Country Charleston Wedding at Magnolia Plantation | Indianapolis & Carmel Wedding Invitations and Custom Stationery